Friday, June 4, 2010

Poorest of the Poor in Rome

"When I was by myself, I began to reflect on the spirit of poverty.  I clearly saw that Jesus, although He is Lord of all things, possessed nothing.  From a borrowed manger He went through life doing good to all, but Himself having no place to lay His head.  And on the Cross, I see the summit of His poverty, for He does not even have a garment on Himself.  O Jesus, through a solemn vow of poverty I desire to become like You; poverty will be my mother.  As exteriorly we should possess nothing and have nothing to dispose of as our own; so interiorly we should desire nothing.  And in the Most Blessed Sacrament, how great is Your poverty!  Has there ever been a soul as abandoned as You were on the Cross, Jesus?"

-Sister Maria Faustina (Diary, 533). 

1 comment:

  1. You post alot of pictures of nuns in traditional habits. We should be proud of all of them (and not pround of the secular lay-clothes nuns).

    This wonderful Order too deserves praise. I used to think their habit didn't even look like a nuns habit, but it is very attractive, and we all know what great Order they represent.

    ReplyDelete